JIM LIWSKI, Class of 1980, growing up in Saugus, Massachusetts, entered the United States Military Academy , West Point, in 1976. Today, Jim, is with us from his home in Carmel, Indiana. While serving in the Army National Guard, with Pride and Excellence, and a commitment to duty, Jim, between combat tours, went back to law school, and now, with a focus on giving back to veterans, has started his own practice.
BLUF: If you love what you are doing or your are passionate about your work, you will never work a day in your life!
BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT QUESTIONS:
- Are you a MAC or PC? PC but Jim needs to but a MACBook Air
- What is your favorite technology, hardware or software? File a Fax! (high speed, low drag?)
- What is your favorite quote? 1. God helps those who help themselves 2. To those who much is given, much is expected.
- What are your favorite books? Getting Things Done by David Allen
- What is the best advice you have ever received? If you are going to do it, do it to your best ability! This was told to Jim by his grandfather, USMA of 1925.
MOST IMPORTANT TAKEAWAY: If you’re not busy living, you are busy dying. “You must pick something that you are passionate about, you have to go after it. Even if it does not work out quite right, if you have given it everything you got, you are a success! “